TelCan.net offers several different products, many of which we won't be discussing. From their main webpage it can be confusing to figure out exactly what they do offer. For our purposes they offer both toll-free plans and virtual PBX systems. They've broken them out separately; however they appear to be interchangeable and/or combined to make one package.
This is a bare-bones system, offering the basic services. If you're simply looking for a toll-free forwarding service then TelCan.net might be for you.
They don't offer any different plans, all are the same and if you want additional mailboxes and extensions you have to pay for it. 5 different extensions costs $7.99 per month.
- You can set a weekly limit for calls and once that limit is hit, calls are no longer accepted. Good feature for anyone with kids at college.
- No charge to transfer a pre-existing number
- Their price for a vanity number is very low - $14.99.
- The TelCan site is VERY confusing and not user friendly.
- Mailbox messages are limited to two minutes each
- Access to some features require additional fees
- Telephone support is not ideal. I called on multiple occasions and was unable to get through to a live person. However, when I did get through, they were very helpful.
Things to be aware of with TelCan
- TelCan.net is different than TelCan.com - two different companies that provide toll-free service.
- A portion of their monthly proceeds go to the Children's Hospital and Health Center.
- TelCan.net is a Canadian company.
Tel Can Special Features
- 6 second billing increments
- You can either pre-pay for your minutes or pay monthly after the calls have been made
TelCan Contract Length
- Month to Month – no charges to cancel