Wow! It has been a long time since I reviewed onebox so here is the updated review...
onebox is one of those companies that knows what it's product is and what their customers want. onebox doesn't change the name of their product to try and make themselves look new and improved; they don't have to! What has changed is they have expanded a few of their plans AND reduced the prices on some plans too.
onebox Receptionist plans have expanded to add a 4000 and 12000 minute plan. Also, onebox receptionst plans now have lower additional minute fee, cutting prices by more than half!
onebox LIVE Receptionist
The onebox LIVE Receptionist plans have come down in price for both their monthly fee AND there additional minute fee! If you need a LIVE receptionist onebox is a Great option to consider and I highly recommend them.
Using a virtual PBX plan is a great option for mobile professionals and businesses. Onebox makes your mobile life easier by providing users with Apps for iPhone, BlackBerry and Android.
With the onebox apps you can place calls directly from the app. The advantage of this is that the call comes directly from your toll-free number as opposed to you cell-phone number!
Additionally, you can make a phone VOIP phone call over wifi. This is a great way to avoid using your available cell-phone minutes. I've also used the voip feature when I've been out of the country.
All faxes you send and receive can be viewed directly on the onebox app. This feature alone is worth the entire price of the onebox plans!
Finally, as you would expect, you can listen to all of your voicemails right from the app AND since onebox provides text transcription of all of your messages you can also read the messages on your phone. This is a feature I've found extremely useful in meetings.
April 2009 - onebox Update
onebox has acquired TollFreeMAX! This is a great move for previous TollFreeMAX customers as it will provide them with virtual pbx coverage from a far better company.
March 2008 - onebox Update
onebox has made some big changes since the last time I reviewed them and they continue to have a great product. As you will see below, they have a new plan which provides a Live Receptionist and enhanced their features.
- Onebox Receptionist - virtual phone system for small businesses
- Ideal for businesses with 2 to 20 people
- Onebox Live Receptionist - have your calls answered by a live and professional attendant.
- A real person directs all of your calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, and much more
- More expensive but may be the personal touch you are looking for!
- Onebox Executive - full featured virtual assistant for individuals o Great for individuals and highly mobile professionals.
- Unified Messaging - voicemail and fax for individuals
Onebox is a fantastic plan! They have all the features of a great virtual pbx system with a good price and they've even thrown in a little twist - they only bill for your actual talk-time.
That's right, they do not charge you minutes for calls while callers are on hold, leaving a message, while you're checking your voicemail, etc. - only when you are actually talking to a live person!!
|Live Receptionist||100 + 2000||$169.95||3.9¢|
|Live Receptionist||250 + 2000||$399.95||3.9¢|
- No cost to transfer an existing toll-free number
- 1 leg billing
- No setup fee
- Robust features available
- Minutes are NOT billed when someone is on hold, being transfered to you or leaving a message
- Navigating their plans online can be confusing. Choose one of their plans based on need
- Executive Plans are for 1 person
- Receptionist Plans are for 1 to Many people
- Live Receptionist Plans are for 1 to Many
- You DO NOT get to own your number
Things to be aware of with onebox
- Conference calls can be made with up to32 people
- Advanced features are available with the Receptionist plans only.
- You can add as many extensions to the Receptionist plan as you want - call for pricing.
- You DO NOT get to own your number!!!
onebox Special Features
- Professional Greetings are available
- Messages can be delivered to a fax. Spoken words are converted to text (word transcription) and sent to the fax - WOW!! It is a bit pricey $.02 per word, but still a great feature.
- Text-to-Speech allows you to type a message to a caller who is on hold waiting to hear from someone and the system will read what you've written - VERY COOL!!!!!
- Speed dial list of frequently called numbers
- Online calendar and email available
- DID (Direct Inward Dial) is available for Receptionist plans
onebox Contract Length
- Month to Month – no charges to cancel
Live Receptionist Plan
I believe that the option of providing a live receptionist with the virtual pbx plans will become increasingly prevalent with the virtual PBX plans. While it costs a little more it provides the best of both worlds - a professional call management system at an affordable price!
There are two packages with the onebox live receptionist service. The only difference between the two packages is the amount of time you have available for receptionist service (and of course cost).
It is up to you how you would like to use the time of your receptionist, but some of the more popular uses are:
- Answering calls
- Directing calls
- Taking messages
- Order Taking
- Appointment Scheduling
Package #1 costs $169.95 per month and includes 100 minutes of receptionist time.
Package #2 costs $399.95 per month and includes 250 minutes of receptionist time.
Both packages also include 2000 minutes of the typical toll-free service for faxes, time you are on the phone, conference calls, etc.
Additional minutes of receptionist time is $2.50 per minute. While this may seem like a lot, it's not. You are only paying for the time that you use them.