Grasshopper virtual pbx UPDATE 11/3/2009
Something appears to be happening at Grasshopper and I'm not sure what it is. Last week I contacted support about an issue and was directed to file my request through their online support page. I called during normal business hours so I was suprised and dissapointed they couldn't put me in touch with someone who could help me.
I submitted my request online like they suggessted and received an automated confirmation indicating I would hear from someone within 24 hours. It has now been a week and I have not heard anything from Grasshopper!
I'm not sure what is happening at Grasshopper, but be aware that if you choose them as your virtual pbx company you might be dissappointed with the assistance your receive from customer support.
I will keep you posted on what I find out about this issue.
In the meatime, you may want to check out the following companies as potential alternatives:
GotVMail UPDATE 5/14/2009
You heard correctly, GotVMail has been rebranded as Grasshopper. Same great service and product with a brand new name. I am putting together some more information on the change and will have it for you shortly. In the meantime, feel comfortable that the company is still providing a great product and service, they've just changed the name.
Looking at GotVMail/Grasshopper? You should also take a serious look at RingCentral! Great price, features and service.
GotVMail Update 11/11/2008
GotVMail has made some major changes, most of which will save you a ton of money! The only thing they've done that I'm disappointed in is that they've added back in the $25 activation fee except for their MAX plan!
Here's what GotVMail has done:
GotVMail has simplified their plans
They now only have three plans (used to have 4) and include Unlimited Extensions in all of them!
If you scroll down and see their previous plans you'll see how they compare.
|Level||Minutes Were||Minutes Now||Increase|
Please note that the Max plan costs twice as much as the old plan, but you get 5 times as many minutes!
Having unlimited extensions is great for any company looking to add staff on the spur of the moment.
GotVMail Update 5/12/2008
GotVMail has eliminated their setup fee for 866, 877 and 888 numbers! The setup fee used to be $25 and when comparing with other companies like RingCentral.com it put GotVMail at a disadvantage. This was a smart move for GotVMail!
GotVMail Update 12/07/2007
Okay folks, GotVMail has made some changes and the good news is that all of it is for the better!
I have to say that I'm very happy to see the changes that they have made. GotVMail was my first virtual pbx carrier and I loved the quality of their connection, but at the time other companies were offering the same features at no additional cost. GotVMail made the right choice by changing their calling plans and including the great features at no additional cost!
What's Chagned at GotVMail?
Let's take a quick Look:
- They now include minutes with all of their plans!!
- Features that used to cost extra are now included!!
- Updated website
- Updated Plans!! - Simplified & Expanded
- New Features!
- Many features are now included in each plan WITHOUT additional fees. They include:
- Integrated Fax
- Fax on Demand
- Dial by Name
- Group Voice Messaging
- ACD Queuing (not Intelligent ACD Queueing - for that consider RingCentral)
- Unlimited voicemail storage.
- GotVMail has a powerful – find-me-follow-me system that allows you to program different ring-to numbers based on the time of day and extension
- $25 activation fee for most of their plans. Currently the only plan that doesn't have the setup fee is the Executive Plan. C'mon Guys, eliminate the setup fee already!
Things to be aware of with GotVMail:
- Included in the plan price is EITHER a toll free number OR a local number. If you would like to have both it is an additional $5 per month.
GotVMail Special Features
- ACD Queuing is included in all the plans - many companies charge extra for this feature. Keep in mind that this is NOT intelligent ACD Queuing. For intelligent ACD Queuing you should try RingCentral.
- Voice Studio - This is a perfect feature for anyone who wants a professional voice on their messaging service. Fees start at $50
GotVMail Contract Length
- Month to Month - no charges to cancel