Freedom800 offers some unique features that are difficult to find elsewhere. However, unless you need those features they are charging TOO much to be truly competitive.
Here's how Freeedom800 breaks down:
The weak spot (and it's a big one) for Freedom800 is the cost of it's service. Here are the problems with their charges:
- 2 leg charges
- You are charged for both the call to your virtual pbx provider and for the routing of the call to its destination - You are double billed for you minutes!
- No included minutes with the plan - you can buy minutes in bulk, but 2 legged charges will end up killing your wallet
- Extra fees for standard features
- Slightly higher than normal setup fees
On the positive side Freedom800 does offer some features that aren't readily available with other companies. Freedom800 provides:
- ACD Queuing (call queuing) the ability to view your queue from your WebLink account. There is a $15 fee to add Weblink to your account if you are a Freedom Lite or Freedom Pro customer.
- Voice Blaster - send a message to any group of numbers you choose and have it play for real listeners, answering machines or both.
The Freedom800 Bottom Line
This company is too expensive for what it offers. You can get all the features plus others without have to shell out extra cash to do it. Consider the following companies instead: